Please contact us on 1300885507 when you are ready to commence the installation or activation process. We are happy to walk you or your IT colleague through the process over the phone or via an online meeting.
Due to stability and compatibility between school computers and students home computers or BYOD, we recommend all students and schools install Unity Long Term Support (LTS) version: 2017.4.17f1.
Download and launch the 'Download Assistant’ ( version LTS Release 2017.4.17f1 )
Run the Download Assistant and tick the following check boxes in the Installer.
Create a Unity® ID
You will need to create a Unity account which will be used during the activation process.
Visit the Create A Unity Account page at:
• You will need to confirm your email address as part of the account creation process.
• Your Unity® ID should not be given to students.
The first time you launch the Unity® application you will be prompted to activate the software by entering a Unity® username and password.
If you are activating from within the DET network, the connection may be blocked due to DET Proxy restrictions. If Unity® is unable to connect to the License Server, the activation process may hang or show a connection error. This means you will need to complete a manual activation.
Please follow these steps to complete a Manual Activation:
1) Quit Unity®
2) Disable the internet by either removing the ethernet cable from a desktop computer or turning off WIFI form a laptop
3) Launch Unity®
4) Click Manual Activation
5) Click Save License and save the file to your desktop
6) DO NOT CLOSE THE UNITY® APPLICATION
7) Reconnect the computer to the internet
8) Visit https://license.unity3d.com and upload the file you saved in step 5
9) You may be prompted to log in using your Unity® username and password
10) Download the new license file
11) Return to the Unity® software and click Load License
12) Choose the new file saved in step 10