Thu, 09 Apr|
Online Workshop - Coding + Game Development
This is an online workshop
Time & Location
09 Apr 2020, 9:00 am – 3:30 pm AEST
About the Event
This course has been designed for absolute beginners through to experienced programmers and covers a lot more than just coding:
• Learn to write code and create commercial quality games using Unity® software ( www.unity3d.com ) - the most popular game development engine.
• Create realistic virtual worlds with sky, ocean and trees which blow in the wind as well as characters, and vehicles to explore the world.
• Write code in C# to create conditional statements, loops, functions, keyboard controls, detect collisions, create spawn points and manipulate physics.
• Code your own AI and discover the 3 most common types of artificial intelligence used in video games. Create your own AI Bots to chase the player, react based on distance from the player and navigate complex environments without bumping into walls.
• Plus ... creating and saving projects, debugging scripts, particle systems, lighting, shadows and much more.
Unity® software can be used to create simple 3D and 2D style games through to realistic environments, multiplayer games, animated short films as well as virtual reality and augmented reality experiences.
Teachers will return to the classroom able to create multi-discipline activities resulting in commercial quality student projects.
Targeted concepts are Computational and Algorithmic thinking, Project Based Learning, Design Thinking, and Integrated Learning.
Coding + Game Development