Mon, 16 Jan|
Getting Started With Unity® - PD Workshop for Teachers
This 2 Hour Zoom workshop will provide any teacher, regardless of IT experience, with the skills to get started with Unity in the classroom. This workshop is the perfect introduction for any teacher planning on utilising the Experiments.
Time & Location
16 Jan 2023, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm AEDT
About the Event
Game development builds STEAM skills and addresses many of the syllabus outcomes in the Technology Mandatory, IST, Industrial Technology Multimedia, iSTEM, IPT and SDD. This includes coding, design and multimedia, problem solving, user interface development, creating and debugging algorithms through to compiling and deploying applications.
This course has been designed for absolute beginners through to experienced programmers and covers a lot more than just coding:
- Learn to edit code and create commercial quality games using Unity® ( www.unity3d.com ) - the most popular game development engine.
- Learn to create realistic virtual worlds with sky, ocean and trees which blow in the wind as well as characters, and vehicles to explore the world.
- Learn how to edit code in C#.
- Plus ... creating and saving projects, debugging scripts and much more.
- Teachers will return to the classroom ready to start creating multi-discipline activities resulting in commercial quality student projects. Targeted concepts are Computational and Algorithmic thinking, Project Based Learning, Design Thinking, and Integrated Learning.
Please be sure to install and activate Unity prior to attending the workshop: https://unity3d.com/
When you download and run the Unity Editor Download Assistant, please be sure to tick the following boxes:
- Microsoft Visual Studio
Please send support emails to email@example.com with any Unity® installation questions.
- Ticket type
+$25.00 GSTTax: +$25.00 GST