Wed, 13 May|
Bulli High School
Bulli High School
Coding + Game Development with Unity® is a 6 hour NESA endorsed PD workshop.
Time & Location
13 May 2020, 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Bulli High School, Ursula Rd, Bulli NSW 2516, Australia
About the Event
Game development builds STEAM skills and addresses many of the syllabus outcomes in the Technology Mandatory, IST, Industrial Technology Multimedia, iSTEM, IPT and SDD. This includes coding, design and multimedia, problem solving, user interface development, creating and debugging algorithms through to compiling and deploying applications.
This course has been designed for absolute beginners through to experienced programmers and covers a lot more than just coding:
• Learn to write code and create commercial quality games using Unity® ( www.unity3d.com ) - the most popular game development engine.
• Learn to create realistic virtual worlds with sky, ocean and trees which blow in the wind as well as characters, and vehicles to explore the world.
• Learn how to write code in C# to create conditional statements, loops, functions, keyboard controls, detect collisions, create spawnpoints and manipulate physics.
• Discover the 3 most common types of artificial intelligence used in video games and create your own AI Bots to chase the player, react based on distance from the player and navigate complex environments without bumping into walls.
• Plus ... creating and saving projects, debugging scripts, particle systems, lighting, shadows and much more.
Teachers will return to the classroom able to create multi-discipline activities resulting in commercial quality student projects. Targeted concepts are Computational and Algorithmic thinking, Project Based Learning, Design Thinking, and Integrated Learning.
NESA Registered Course
Completing the Coding + Game Development with Unity® course will contribute 6 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 3.3.2, 3.4.2, 6.2.2, 6.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Choose to pay by credit card or invoice - just make your choice at the checkout.
Please be sure to install and activate Unity Long Term Support (LTS) version 2018.4.15f1 prior to attending the workshop: https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/lts-releases
When you download and run the Unity Editor Download Assistant, please be sure to tick the following boxes:
MonoDevelop / Unity Debugger
Please check the System Requirements page at: https://unity3d.com/unity/system-requirements.
If your laptop does not meet the required system specifications, please visit the Unity Archive and download a previous version back as far as version 5.3.4.
Please send support emails to firstname.lastname@example.org with any Unity® installation questions.
You may also like to bring a mouse to help with zooming and scrolling.
Lunch and morning tea will be provided. There will be vegetarian options available however please let us know if you have any other specific dietary requirements.